CGL Full Form Explained!
|Name of Exam||Combined Graduate Level|
CGL is Combined Graduate Level Examination. This exam is crucial, and is for graduate-level candidates. A candidate is eligible once they have a degree. Many young people in India want to take the exam. Let’s now discuss the SSC CGL Full Formula, its importance, and its pattern to answer everyone’s questions. To recruit candidates for various ministries, departments and subordinate offices of the Government of India, Staff Selection Commission conducts the prestigious SSC CGL exam.
CGL was established in 1975 and is the most popular exam conducted by SSC. People also commonly know it as SSC CGL. It is this exam which helps recruit various positions in ministries and government departments of India.
People also commonly refer CGL as the Combined Graduate Level. This is the Staff Selection Committee’s most popular examination. You may also call it the Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL).
CGL is used to recruit individuals for specific positions in ministries, government agencies, and other Government of India organizations like Group B & Group C Positions. The number of available vacancies in the department is what determines the final decision.
CGL stands to represent Combined Graduate Level. This exam is the most popular and was first conducted by Staff Selection Commission in 1975. We also know it as SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam).
CGL is helps recruit staff for various positions in ministries, government departments and other organizations of Government of India. The final selection of candidates is based on the number and quality of vacancies in the respective departments.
Online testing is available
The test is computer-based and can be completed in four steps.
- Tier-I (Preliminary Examination) takes 60 minutes
- Tier-II (Main Exam), with a duration 120 minutes
- Tier-III (Descriptive) Test with a duration 60 minutes
- Tier-IV (Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test) takes approximately 45 minutes.
Criteria for eligibility (CGL Full Form)
- Indian citizens must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Although the SSC for SSC CGL Recruitment has increased the age cap, the actual age varies from one post to the next.
- SSC CGL requires that you be at least 27 years old to apply. The maximum age restriction is 32.