RTO Full Form
|Office, Officer, Authority||Regional Transport Office, Regional Transport Officer|
Section 213(1) of 1988’s Motor Vehicles Act has established the Motor Vehicles Department. This central act is applicable across the country. The Motor vehicle department is responsible to enforce various provisions of the act. The Transport Commissioner heads this department.
Each state and every city has its own RTO (Regional Transport Office). Each R.T.O has the responsibility to perform the activities and functions set out in Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
RTO State Codes (India)
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Andhra Pradesh||AP||Arunachal Pradesh||AR|
|Himachal Pradesh||HP||Jammu and Kashmir||JK|
RTO Code of Indian Union Territories
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||AN|
|Dadra and nagar Haveli||DN|
|Daman and Diu||DD|
|National Capital Territory of Delhi||DL|
Functions of Regional Transport Office (RTO Full Form)
- Respect the various Acts of Motor Vehicles, central motor vehicle rules, and state motor vehicle rules as outlined by the government.
- Through the management of permits, ensure coordinated development of road transport.
- Taxes may be charged and collected according to the Vehicle Act.
- Vehicle registration
- Collection of motor vehicle taxes
- Public transit and freight traffic licenses issued
- Conduct a driving test, issue a Learner’s or Permanent driver’s licence and renew it
- Maintain a database of registered vehicles
- Transfer of vehicles and registration of mortgage transactions
- Properly checking the validity of motor vehicle insurance
- Inspection of accident vehicles
- Transport vehicles are eligible for a certificate of fitness
- Drivers of public service vehicles such as Taxis and Autorickshaws can be issued badges
- Issue international driving permits
- NOC Full Form : Kinds, Necessity And Uses
- EMI Full Form : All You Need To Know!
- FMCG Full Form : All You Need To Know!
Vehicle registration at the Regional Transport Office (RTO Full Form)
Indians dream of owning a motor vehicle. A person who wants to drive a vehicle in India must complete the registration process, which is required by the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
Regional Transport Office requires documents to register a vehicle
- Formula 20 (i.e. Application form for vehicle registration
- Documents proving age and address
- Photographs of passport size
- Formula 21 (i.e. Form 21 i.e. the sales certificate for the vehicle
- Form 22 (i.e. Roadworthiness certificate
- PUC certificate
- Registration of vehicle insurance
- A customs clearance certificate must be obtained in order to register an import vehicle.
- If the vehicle was purchased from one state, the sales tax certificate must be provided.
- If the vehicle was purchased in one state but registered in another, there is no need to submit an objection certificate from RTO or dealer.
- Temporary registration number
- Invoice for the vehicle
- Transport Minister must approve design approval for semi-trailer or trailer vehicle registration
- For loan hypothecation, use Form 34
- All applicable application fees must be paid
PS: Parivahan is the official website of RTO.
The above documents must be brought by the vehicle owner to the RTO. All documents must be submitted along with the applicable application fee. After verification of all documents and inspection of vehicle, vehicle number is issued to vehicle owner. A registration certificate, which acts as proof of vehicle registration, is issued after 7 days.
Re-Registration of Motor Vehicles in New States
If the motor vehicle has been moved to another state, you can re-register it. You will need the same documents to re-register the vehicle. A NOC must be obtained from the vehicle financier and an original registering certificate must be submitted. The vehicle can be re-registered after submitting all required documents and paying the application fees. This takes about 15 days.
Transfer of vehicle ownership at the Regional Transport Office (RTO Full Form)
You can transfer vehicle ownership by:
- Formula 29 and Form 30 are required to apply for the transfer of vehicle ownership.
- If the vehicle was registered in another state, the NOC must be obtained from the RTO that registered it.
- If the vehicle is bought through finance, the financer must obtain a NOC.
- PUC certificate
- Certificate of insurance for vehicles
- Application fees and road taxes applicable
- Certificate of registration
- Affidavit detailing the sale and purchase.
- Along with passport-sized photographs, age and address proof documents are required