TGT Full Form Explained!
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
|Training Program||Trained Graduate Teacher|
TGT refers to teachers who have completed their teaching training. Although TGT is not a course, it is a graduate in teacher education. A graduate who has completed his B.Ed. does not need to do TGT (Trained Graduate Teachers) separately.
The B. Ed program is two years long and is designed to allow the candidate to get familiar with all aspects of teaching that he/she will face in his/her role as a teacher. Teachers come across children with different socio-cultural, linguistic, and cognitive abilities. A B. Ed candidate must understand learning and create an environment that encourages learning. They also need to be able to provide enough opportunities for students to question, observe, experiment, understand and reflect. The Bachelor of Education curriculum is designed to cover the following topics:
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Modern India and Education
- Disciplines and Subjects Understanding
- Understanding different religions, cultures and ethnicities of society
- Gender, Society, and psychology
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts
- Teaching methods of a School Subject
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of Information and Communications technology
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Assessment for Learning
- Creating an Inclusive School
- Health, Yoga and Physical Education
Eligibility (TGT Full Form)
Teachers who are TGT can teach students below 10th grade, as well as class 10. Below are the required criteria:
- a graduate degree from a recognized board
- maximum age limit is 35 years
- 45-50% marks in aggregate (varies state-wise)
What can a TGT teach?
- Local Language
- Geography, etc.
What after TGT?
TGT Full Form is Trained Graduate Teacher. After a candidate has passed the prerequisites to become a TGT, he/she can apply for one of the annual teaching eligibility exams. These exams are the basis for a teacher’s appointment at the Primary or Upper Primary levels. Only a few bodies are authorized to conduct teacher recruitment exams. For Example:
- CTET by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board
PGT is a higher rank. It is also clear with the name. TGT means Trained Graduate Teacher where as PGT means Post Graduate Teacher.
The candidate should have at least B. Ed/BTC or any other Training Certificate to be eligible to apply. To get selected for this post candidates have to undergo a written exam.
To become a TGT Teacher, a candidate must hold a graduation degree in any discipline and a Bachelors in education (B. Ed). The B. Ed course thoroughly prepares the teachers for secondary schools. Then they have to appear in different teachers eligibility test, also referred as TET.